Agricultural Science and Business Teacher Openings in Indiana
Agricultural Education Placement Report
January 04, 2017
This publication will be updated as job openings occur.
To obtain information about education in the state of Indiana goto Indiana Department of Education Home Page. The most helpful options will be K-12 School Data and K-12 School Websites. For licensure information go to Purdue Office of Professional Preparation and Licensure and click on "Licensure" tab.
The NAAE has a job openings list for the United States. Go to
U.S. Agriculture Teacher Opportunities.
The Indiana Department of Education maintains the School Personnel Job Bank. This voluntary system also lists teacher job openings in the state of Indiana. To access it go to https://dc.doe.state.in.us/doeonline/jobbank/search.aspx
Assistant Professor of Agriculture - Animal Science.
Master's degree in Animal Science or related field required, Ph.D. preferred.
Send the following to
Cover letter, curriculum vitae, faculty application form, names and contact information for 3 references.
Dr. Raymie Porter, Director
2303 College Avenue
Huntington, IN 46750
Shenandoah School Corporation
Shenandoah High School/SSC
Vocational Agriculture Teacher
Starting 2016-2017 School Year Outside applicants shall send the following:
- Letter of interest in the position
- Current resume
- Three (3) letters of reference
- Completed Shenandoah School Corporation application form
- Copy of valid teaching license
- College transcript
Jacob Wiese, Principal
7354 W US 36
Middletown, IN 47356
Elkhart Community Schools
Agriculture Teacher - Memorial and Central High Schools.
New program includes 115 acre farm.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Cheryl Waggoner, Director of Talent Recruitment and Management
Elkhart Community Schools, 2720 California Road
Elkhart, IN 46514
Cloverdale High School
HS Agriculture Instructor/FFA Advisor
Date Close: Friday, December 16, 2016
Start Date: Tuesday, January 03, 2017
Complete Corporation application available at cloverdale.k12.in.us and include
- Letter of Interest
- Copy of Transcripts/license
Sonny Stoltz, Principal
205 E Market Street
Cloverdale, IN 46120
Greenfield_Central High School
Agriculture Teacher beginning January 5, 2017. Greenfield-Central High School has 1,500 students and we are located about 20 minutes east of Indianapolis off of I-70. The position, which will be prorated for the remainder of the year, is for a 220 day contract with an FFA stipend.
The job posting can be found at applitrack website.
810 N. Broadway Street
Greenfield, IN 46140
Shelbyville High/Middle School
Agriscience Teacher and FFA Sponsor beginning August 1, 2017
Shelbyville High School-Shelbyville Middle School - Split Position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of content and effective pedagogy in AG areas including: Animal
Science, Plant & Soil Science, Agriculture Mechanics, Landscaping, Agribusiness Management, SAE,
Introduction to Agriculture, Advanced Life Science Courses
- Strong desire and motivation to strengthen and grow an existing AG program.
- Ability to serve as a motivated FFA Advisor and grow the program. This would include Career
Development Events, Supervised Agriculture Experience, officer training, community service events,
fundraising, and working with an advisory board, as well as other chapter activities
- Create and maintain a classroom environment of respect and rapport that is conducive to student learning.
- Participate in regular collaboration to reflect on teaching, plan instruction, monitor implementation, and
respond to student performance data.
- Willingness to collaborate with other staff members to assess and assist students in resolving learning and
- Uses data to guide instruction and educational decisions
- Identifies students needs, makes appropriate referrals, and implements appropriate
accommodations/interventions as outlined in Individual Education Plans (IEP),
Individual Learning Plans (ILP), 504 Plans, or Response to Intervention (RtI) Plans
- Utilizes technology as an instructional, communication, and management tool
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior to achieve and promote an effective
- Communicates proficiently in English oral and written communication
- Communicates and meets with parents as needed
- Responds to parents inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist in the development and evaluation of curriculum maps
- Participates in the textbook adoption process
- Instructs students in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative
regulations and procedures of the school district
- Handles clerical functions/reports related to job responsibilities in a timely manner
- Maintains satisfactory attendance
- Complies with Corporation Bylaws, Policies and Employee Handbook
- Models Corporation Mission Statement and Fundamental Objectives
Please fill out Shelbyville online application
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION : March 1, 2017
Kathleen Miltz, Principal
803 St. Joseph Street
Shelbyville, IN 46176