Indiana 4-H Shooting Sports
The objective of the 4-H Shooting Sports Education program is to teach safe use of archery and firearm equipment while helping youth grow and develop into happy, healthy, and contributing adults. (more)
Thanks to our many program supporters: Indiana Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement; Friends of the NRA; National Wild Turkey Federation; and many conservation clubs and councils across Indiana!
Find out about the 4-H Shooting Sports program in your (Indiana) county by contacting your local Cooperative Extension Office via the listing at: county office.
Indiana Youth Participation: 1984 - 2015
Indiana 4-H information:
- Indiana 4-H Shooting Sports: 2016 Program Update - video - PowerPoint (PDF)
- Indiana Coordinators Recertification Training, 2016
- Indiana Certification
Workshop - held at Ross Camp
- Future Workshop Dates
- Registration: IHEA website (electronic Registration Form & Health Form)
- Promotional brochure: Adults (4-H-707), Youth (4-H-707Y)
- Note: Purdue's liability coverage extends to 4-H members and certified instructors only.
- Indiana Position Statement
- 4-H Shooting Sports Welcome Letter Template (thanks to Ron Carter, Howard County Coordinator)
- Project Meeting
- Safety meeting: Agenda - Quiz
- Project completion and exhibits
4-H Shooting Sports Youth manual (The Education Store, enter 4-H-950 in the Store Search box)
- Instructor's Guide, 4-H-1007-W - includes answers to youth manual ID's, word finds, cross-word puzzle, and experiential learning, and poster suggestions.)
- 4-H Shooting Sports Youth website: Indiana State 4-H Office page; Indiana 4-H Project page
- Indiana State Fair, project & exhbit information
Youth Quail Hunt - for information - not a 4-H event - Sept. 17, 2016, Coatesville, IN