The Department of Youth Development and Agricultural Education has a number of activities that can be used for classroom enrichment. This page has links to natural resource, environmental, and science curriculum that Dr. Natalie Carroll has developed or collaborated on.
- Insects as Bioindicators of Water Quality
- Proper Disposal of Unwanted Medicines - Educational activities for high school students. Manual
- Wetland Protection - Biological Control of Purple Loosestrife Project (for middle & high school students)
- Energy Investigators, hard copy available (Student Guide, Facilitator's Guide)
- Indiana's Water Riches newsletters (for grades 3-5): Unit 1, Unit 2, Unit 3, Unit 4, Unit 5
- Watershed Connections - high school - Quality & Quantity. (for middle & high school students) selected county publications, youth activities: drinking water, floods, pollution sources, terminology, Watershed Connections booklet, teacher key
- Indiana Master Naturalist Program
- Indiana DNR Natural Resources Education Center news and programs: Go FishIN, Hoosier Riverwatch, Project Learning Tree, Project WET and Project WILD.
- Schoolyard Habitats program. Resources and programs for formal and informal K-12 educators.
- Butterfly and Nature Alphabet posters. An attractive classroom poster or gift, including an alphabet made naturally by butterflies and moths (wing patterns).
Lesson Plans and Activities, Activities for classroom enrichment, many using 4-H manuals - in English and Spanish