introduces youth to the fascinating hobby of "rock hunting."
Geology involves studying the earth's crust, its layers, and their
history. Youth learn to identify Indiana rocks, minerals, and fossils.
Manuals -- Order from The Education Store, www.edustore.purdue.edu. Click on the Category "4-H Youth Development" on the left of the home page and then click on "4-H Geology."
- Geology 1, 4-H
985, Grades 3-5, Academic Standards
- Geology 2, 4-H 986, Grades 6-8, Academic Standards
- Geology 3, 4-H 987, Grades 9-12, Academic Standards
- Indiana 4-H Geology Facilitator's Guide, 4-H-988-W
3, rock card (PDF, Word,
label format (rocks, fossils, minerals: Word, PDF)
- Display box
- Indiana Geological Survey, http://igs.indiana.edu/, has many links, see Educational Resources tab
- American Geosciences Institute (AGI), http://www.agiweb.org/
- Images, www.earthscienceworld.org/images/
- Institute of Meteoritics, http://www.agiweb.org/,
- How To Identify A Meteorite, http://epswww.unm.edu/iom/ident/