Applicants applying for summer or fall admission must submit an application by November 15th.
ASEC will no longer accept applications for the spring semester. Funding is not a guarantee and is a separate decision from all admission decisions. Only complete applications will be reviewed. The ASEC Graduate Committee, which consists of four faculty members, will review completed applications. The review process typically takes 6-8 weeks.
Complete applications include:
- Online Graduate Application Form
- Supplemental Questions
- Express your career goal
- Reasons for pursuing a graduated degree in Agricultural Sciences Education & Communication
- Research interests and why you wish to pursue this line of inquiry (you may want to review the research projects and interests of faculty on the department's website)
- Share additional information regarding your application (this question is optional and may include extenuating circumstances that have impacted previous academic and professional performance).
- Official Transcripts: May be submitted in one of two ways:
- Purdue is accepting electronic transcripts that are sent directly from accredited U.S. colleges or universities. Applicants wanting to use this method of electronic transcript submission must have them sent directly to Graduate Admissions Manager at email@example.com
- Two official paper transcripts (and official English translations) from each college or university attended should be mailed by a registrar to the department at:
Agricultural Sciences Education & Communication
Agricultural Administration Building Room 218
615 W State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2053
If the original transcript is not in English, an official English translation, certified by the college or university must be included.
Copies of original transcripts from each college or university attended may be uploaded into the online application to be used for review purposes only. Before admission can be granted, one official transcript/official English translation from each institution attended must be submitted using the methods above.
- GRE(Graduate Record Examination) scores sent to us by ETS.
- English Proficiency Scores (for applicants whose native language is not English; may be TOEFL, IELTS, PTE) sent to us by ETS
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume (upload with the application)
- Statement of Purpose (upload with the application)
- Three letter of Recommendations. Online submission through the electronic application is strongly preferred. Letters should be from references who can comment on academic/research achievements and abilities. Reference letter sent directly to the department must be sent on original letterhead.
Start the application process
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Levon Esters currently serves as the ASEC Graduate Chair. He would be glad to assist you, if you have any questions about the ASEC Graduate Program.