The YDAE Graduate Committee consists of four faculty and reviews applications throughout the year as applications are ready for review. The deadline for Fall semester admissions is March 15th and the deadline for Spring semester admissions is October 15th. The review process typically takes 4 to 6 weeks. Applications must be complete before they will be reviewed. Complete applications include:
- Online Graduate Application Form
- Supplemental Questions
- Express your career goal
- Reasons for pursuing a graduated degree in Youth Development and Agricultural Education
- Research interests and why you wish to pursue this line of inquiry (you may want to review the research projects and interests of faculty on the departmentâ€™s website)
- Share additional information regarding your application (this question is optional and may include extenuating circumstances that have impacted previous academic and professional performance).
- Official Transcripts -Two sets of official transcripts from each university or college attended. International students must send original language transcripts as well as English translation. Students must send a copy of their diplomas with English translations. All Transcripts should be mailed to:
YDAE Graduate Office
615 W State Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2053
- GRE(Graduate Record Examination) scores sent to us by ETS.
- English Proficiency Scores ( for applicants whose native language is not English; may be TOEFL, IELTS, PTE) sent to us by ETS
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume (upload with the application)
- Statement of Purpose (upload with the application)
- Three letter of Recommendations. Online submission through the electronic application is strongly preferred. Letters should be from references who can comment on academic/research achievements and abilities. Reference letter sent directly to the department must be sent on original letterhead.
Start the application process
Frequently Asked Questions
Dr. Neil Knobloch currently serves as the YDAE Graduate Chair. He would be glad to assist you, if you have any questions about the YDAE Graduate Program.